Thursday 6 December 2012

Gaisce

Two weeks, ago I submitted my entry for gaisce. Gaisce is the 'president's award', students who nominate themselves for the awards set goals for themselves under the following headings: Community invlovement, Personal skills, Physical recreation and Adventure journey.
A minimum of 1 hour a week is required in each of the first 3 challenge areas. At the end of the programme, nominees undertake an adventure journey for one night and two days. We must also undertake one of the challenges for 26 weeks, twice the lenght of the other (13 weeks).
For my gaisce, I am doing camogie for the Physical recreation activity and I am doing this for 26 weeks. I am doing life saving for my personal skill and underage coaching for my community involvement.
I am really looking forward to completing my gaisce, bring on the challenge!


Life-saving

No comments:

Post a Comment